PGD IVF Chennai India – PGS – Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis Specialist
PGD – Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis – PGD Chennai – Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis – Embryo Biopsy Chennai India.
PGD / PGS has been gaining immense popularity. Couples with genetic diseases or who has baby with genetic condition can utilise this advanced technology to test the embryos to see if it carries genetic disease. Couples who carry chromosomal translocations, invertions, etc can produce baby which carrier unbalanced translocation of chromosomes.
Advantages of PGD in Iswarya PGD Clinic, India
- We are the first and foremost IVF Center offering PGD – Pre implantation genetic diagnosis in Chennai India.
- We do day 3 and day 5 ( Blastocyst ) biopsy.
- NGS Technology – Next Generation Sequencing with 100% accurate results.
- We have experienced team handling PGD in our IVF center.
- 100% Genetic detection rate.
- PGD for disorders like Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, Spinal Muscular dystrophy are offered routinely.
What is PGD ?
PGD stands for pre implantation genetic diagnosis. PGD is done to give a genetically healthy baby.
What are the steps involved in PGD ?
- Genetic testing of the parents
- Designing of primers for PGD
- Planning an IVF cycle
- Egg retrieval
- IVF / ICSI process
- Embryo grading
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo biopsy of trophectoderm cells
- Sending the sample to a genetic lab
- Carrying out the test
- Genetically healthy embryos are selected
- Embryo transfer.
We have in-house team of embryologists who are trained in Embryo Biopsy techniques for both day 3 embryos and blastocyst. We have Laser hatching facility which is the pre requisite for performing a PGD. We use Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) - Most Advanced method available in the world to detect aneuploidy.
We charge Rs.5000 per embryo for the biopsy and you will have to pay the genetic lab directly for performing embryo testing.
We perform PGD services at Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Palani.
Blastocyst - Trophectoderm Day 5 Biopsy
Day 3 - Blastomere biopsy - cleavage stage
- Risks for PGD combined with IVF are similar to risks associated with IVF treatment.
- Damage to embryos through the cell removal process.
- PGD testing may not be 100 percent accurate.
- Adverse reaction to fertility drugs
- a small amount of bleeding may occur after egg collection.
- Ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Multiple births. (Twins , Triplets )
Gender Selection with PGD after IVF is not practiced in Iswarya Fertility centers, India. Its banned in India.PGD and PGS services are being offered in Coimbatore, Madurai and Palani also.
- Chromosomal abnormalities - balanced reciprocal - robertsonian translocations, microdeletions, duplications
- Multiple IVF cycle failures
- Single gene disorders - autosomal recessive, autosomal dominant, X-linked disorders
- HLA matching - Human leukocyte antigen typing of embryos
- Disorders: Cystic fibrosis, b-thalassemia, sickle cell disease and spinal muscular atrophy type 1,myotonic dystrophy, Huntington's disease , Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A, Fanconi anaemia , Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Hemophilia, Fragile X, Daltonism (colour blindness), Down syndrome, reciprocal and Robertsonian translocations, Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) matching
- Repeated abortions / miscarriages
- Previous chromosomal abnormal child
- Inherited genetic diseases
- Increased maternal age
- Unexplained infertility
- Repeated implantation failure in IVF
Protocol for Treatment of Reciprocal Translocation / Inversion
- day5 biopsy must. Then
- 24sure arrayCGH or PGT-SR (Reciprocal translocation/Inversion) using NGS.
Few inversions, deletions in karyotyping reports which needs PGS (Pre-implantation Genetic screening)
- Balanced translocations of chromosomes (11/22) etc