A child is the greatest blessing
PGD / PGS has been gaining immense popularity. Couples with genetic diseases or who has baby with genetic condition can utilise this advanced technology to test the embryos to see if it carries genetic disease. Couples who carry chromosomal translocations, invertions, etc can produce baby which carrier unbalanced translocation of chromosomes.We have in-house team of embryologists who are trained in Embryo Biopsy techniques for both day 3 embryos and blastocyst. We have Laser hatching facility which is the pre requisite for performing a PGD. We use Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) – Most Advanced method available in the world to detect aneuploidy.
PGD is a technique that provides information about the gene make-up of the cells found in an embryo (a fertilized egg). An embryo biopsy removes about 3-8 cells from each day 5 embryo (a blastocyst), and then cells are sent to a lab for testing. The embryo is usually frozen and implanted later. PGD can be used to identify approximately 2,000 inherited single gene disorders and is 98 per cent accurate in identifying affected and unaffected embryos.
PGS is used to determine whether the cells in an embryo contain the normal number of chromosomes, which is 46. After an embryo grows in the lab, it is usually biopsied on day 5 (blastocyst stage). A few embryo cells are then sent to an external lab which uses technology to count the number of chromosomes within each cell. Embryos with a normal number of chromosomes are “euploid” and those with an abnormal number are “aneuploid.” The purpose of PGS is to avoid transferring an abnormal embryo into the uterus…
- Genetic testing of the parents
- Designing of primers for PGD
- Planning an IVF cycle
- If your partner has male infertility issues like Oligozoospermia, Teratozoospermia or Athenozoospermia.
- If you have premature ovarian failure
- If you have been trying to conceive for at least two years and a cause hasn’t been found to explain why you have not become pregnant.
- IVF / ICSI process
- Embryo grading
- Blastocyst culture
- Embryo biopsy of trophectoderm cells
- Sending the sample to a genetic lab
- Carrying out the test
- Genetically healthy embryos are selected
- Embryo transfer
- We are the first and foremost IVF Center offering PGD – Pre implantation genetic diagnosis in Chennai India.
- We do day 3 and day 5 ( Blastocyst ) biopsy.
- NGS Technology – Next Generation Sequencing with 100% accurate results.
- We have experienced team handling PGD in our IVF center.
- 100% Genetic detection rate.
- PGD for disorders like Sickle cell anemia, Thalassemia, Spinal Muscular dystrophy are offered routinely.